For generations, the editors of Sunset magazine have been sharing their secrets for easy, ingredient-driven recipes with millions of readers. Now, a new generation of home cooks across the country can explore and enjoy the innovative recipes that have helped transform the way Americans cook and eat.
The Sunset Cookbook, the first masterwork collection of more than 1,000 recipes selected, retested, and updated from Sunset magazine, represents the best of casual American cooking—inspired by local ingredients, created by smart cooks, and infused with the flavors of diverse cultural influences. Covering everything from appetizers to preserves and pickles to wine, Sunset offers a unique approach to fresh eating on every page. From an entire section devoted to outdoor cookery, with more than 100 recipes like grilled pizza and wine-infused smoked turkey, to a treasure trove of recipes for handheld food, such as sandwiches, burritos, and tacos, The Sunset Cookbook shows how even the simplest techniques can produce fabulous results.
Fresh, creative, simple, healthy cooking
From avocado grapefruit salad to sourdough bread and cedar-planked salmon, The Sunset Cookbook brings you the regional specialties that have become American favorites—and much more.
Inside you’ll find:
- More than 1,000 recipes that capture the bounty and culinary creativity of the West
- Reality-tested recipes that ensure delicious results every time—tested by food editors in the Sunset test kitchen and again by home cooks
- Make-ahead advice that makes meal and party planning a snap
- Nutritional data for every recipe
- Quick Tips with info on timesaver shortcuts, techniques, and ingredients
Extensive wine advice, including how to pair wine with food