As surely as gardens change with the seasons, gardening is ever changing. New plants, techniques, materials, and lifestyles are constantly broadening the choices readers have and reshaping the way they garden in the West. In response to this natural evolution, the editors of Sunset—the West’s most trusted source of gardening information for more than 80 years—have completely redesigned and updated The Western Garden Book in this 2012 Ninth Edition. Following the best-selling success of the previous editions of The Western Garden Book, this edition includes a fresh new look, thousands of color photographs, fresh illustrations, and an easy-to-follow format. Written by experts for gardeners in the West, this book is an indispensible reference for beginning and expert gardeners alike.
The New Western Garden Book features include:
- A photo gallery shows the West’s most innovative gardens, from all-edibles front yards to stylish water-wise and fire-wise gardens to living walls and green roofs—all with ideas readers can use.
- Climate Zone Maps and growing-season graphs for all regions of the West, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- A new Plant Finder section helps readers choose plants for their garden’s problem areas or for special effects
- A to Z Plant Encyclopedia lists some 8000 plants that thrive in the West, including more than 500 new ones. Gorgeous color photographs illustrate all plant entries—for the first time ever in The Western Garden Book.
- Gardening From Start to Finish is a new visual guide that leads readers through all steps of making a garden, from soil prep through planting, growing and care, with special sections on natives, veggies, grasses and more.
|About the Author
||Editors of Sunset Magazine
||Sunset magazine (www.sunset.com) is the premier guide to life in the West, covering the newest and best ideas in Western home design and landscaping, food and entertaining, and regional travel in 13 Western states. Sunset Magazine has a circulation of over 1.25 million and a readership of 4.864 million.