The heart of this book is the recipe collection. Turn to any of the 19 chapters to find recipes that fit your every need.
Foolproof Recipes for Every Day
- Discover more than 1,250 recipes that focus on flavor, convenience, taste, and good health.
- Keep an eye on your family’s health with the complete nutritional analysis that comes with each recipe.
- Pick recipes that fit the demands of your day by checking the prep and cook times at a glance.
- Find favorites faster with recipe labels such as Quick, Make Ahead, Freeze It, Family Favorite, and 10 more tags that showcase recipe merits.
- Get great results with over 500 color photographs that feature everything from step-by-step photos to finished dishes plus ingredient and equipment photos.
- Check out new chapters including From the Grill, Breakfast & Brunch, Meatless Main Dishes, andHealthy Favorites.
- Indulge in traditional Southern favorites with a twist like Cheesy Grits Bread, Mac and Texas Cheeses with Roasted Chiles, Smoked Turkey Tetrazzini, and Fresh Orange Italian Cream Cake.
- Celebrate special occasions with recipes such as Holiday Beef Tenderloin, Molasses-Coffee Glazed Ham, Chocolate Truffle Cake, Caramel-Coconut-Pecan Cheesecake Bars, and Bistro Grilled Chicken Pizza.
- Find how easy cooking can be with our simplified ingredient lists designed for how you shop and cook.
More than Just Recipes
- Each chapter begins with the basics. We share helpful tips and suggest the equipment you’ll need to get started.
- Flip through the chapters to find colorful photo dictionaries that define herbs, spices, sugars and salts, knives, and much more.
- Turn to the expanded Kitchen Basics chapter for pointers for stocking your kitchen and pantry, a cooking glossary, tips for healthy living, and entertaining advice.
- Use and reuse the timetables and charts for cooking fish, roasting meat and poultry, and handy substitutions. They take the guesswork out of cooking for you.
- Entertain in style with inspiring ideas for setting a pretty table.
- Perfect your cooking with step-by-step technique photographs.
- Plan your next gathering—whether it’s an intimate party for 4 or dinner for a dozen––with our selection of 50 sure-to-please menus. Strategic use of convenience products makes meal preparation a snap.
- Grill your way to greatness with this sizzling chapter called From the Grill. Recipes include our best Baby Back Ribs, Smoked Turkey Breast, and Grilled Tomatoes.
|About the Author
||Editors of Southern Living Magazine
||For 40 years readers have trusted the experts at Southern Living magazine to inspire and guide their cooking for any and all occasions. Over 16 million readers turn to the magazine monthly for satisfying recipes, stories, and fresh ideas for kitchen, garden and home